Monday, June 27, 2011

So. Incredibly. Bored

Number of hours it took me to get going this morning: Like 5. Generously.

Finally found my thank-you card list for the couple's shower. So that means I can get started knocking those out! Looks like I will have to buy a few more cards, but at least I can start a few tonight.

I made the most delicious carrot cake last night. First time making carrot cake. I made a nicely whipped cream cheese icing to accompany it. My baking skills are improving.

I also went back to the gym today for the first time in a week. It's amazing how quickly your body atrophies after not working out for awhile. Or in my case, for a week:0/ But, I'm back at it, and hoping I stay motivated to keep working out. The key for me is to have a variety of workouts. Without that, I get very bored and lose focus. I really do want to get strong and lose some of this fat that has stored up on me post-wedding. I read once that as a woman, your metabolism slowly starts to slow down after 25. And I'm 26. So I need to be diligent about my workouts! That, and they really do help me feel better and sleep better at night.

I am in desperate need of a new project to work on. Now that the wedding is over, and I am bored all the time. My house is clean and (for the most part) set up. My refrigerator is full. My job search is going nowhere. So I need a project. Now. Preferably one that doesn't cost a lot of money. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment