Well, I must say, today was EXHAUSTING!!
I haven't been very good about going to bed on time this week. I'm swamped with projects at work, and it's thrown off my whole schedule.
Last night, I brought home a project that kept me up until about 10:30 (and that was only because my internet crashed...if it'd been working, I would've been up much later...) and tonight, I stayed at work until 7:30, got home around 8:15, and just finished an addition to the project I was working on last night. So needless to say, I'm pretty tired.
Today was one of those days where nothing seems to go right. Little things, here and there. Like forgetting my sunglasses at home this morning. And remembering I'd left that at home right after I'd pulled out of my neighborhood. It was too late for me to go back and get them, so I begrudgingly left them at home. I hate driving without sunglasses. The Texas winter sun is just too bright for during my morning commute to not wear sunglasses.
Then, I'm driving on the freeway, and for once, I let someone in who had just entered the freeway. See, I don't normally do this, because it always backfires on me. In the past when I've let people in, they always end up lollygag around, not paying attention and leaving a 50 foot gap of space between them and the car in front of them. I'm almost always in a hurry when I drive, and I can't stand getting stuck behind drivers who are slow, purposeless, and distracted. It makes my blood boil. So while I realize I appear to be a jerk by writing this, I don't really care because I know that it's best for everyone involved if I just never let people in.
Once I get settled in at my desk at work, my email decides it's going to continually disconnect from the server and stop sending/receiving emails. Wonderful. And the weird part is, I'm the only person in the office who has this problem. The same thing happened to me several weeks ago. So I end up spending about 30 minutes on the phone with IT that could've been spent much more usefully. I was already slammed busy. Email never shuts down on you when you're slow, only when you're busy. And God Bless the guy that helped me, but he was quite the chatter box. Which normally I don't mind chatting up with people, but I was already beyond annoyed that my email stopped working and I lost 30 minutes of productivity, and not really in the mood to chat. Of course, that wasn't his fault, so I did my best to keep a smile in my voice. If not on my face.
I kept trying to take notes at a meeting earlier and my pen would just not write. That is unacceptable, for pens to just not write when I know they are fresh, and full of ink. So irritating. I just started scribbling all over my notepad, and yes it did eventually work. Suck on that, Papermate!
I sound neurotic right now. I think I'm just really tired.
Lastly, I get home and start working on my spreadsheet, and I can't seem to type to save my life. I'm typing things in the wrong boxes, with the wrong symbols, and my color coding got all screwed up, it was just awful. And then my numbering got messed up. It was about that time that I decided I needed to sleep for about 2 days, uninterrupted.
Luckily, these weekend is looking pretty open! The only open weekend I have this month. So I should have plenty of time to sleep in and rest up. And go Christmas decoration shopping (as well as gift shopping!) because I need to spruce up my Christmas decoration collection a little. Since this is the first year Sam and I have had a fireplace in our home, I really want to make some stalkings to hang. But I really have no idea how to use my sewing machine, so that might be biting off a bit more than I can chew. Yet, the challenge of it excites me...so we shall see!
No comments:
Post a Comment