I just got home from a wedding meeting with Mandi! We met at a bar so she could watch the Packer's game, lol! It was loud, and really smokey, but we managed to get a lot covered so I'm happy. The wedding is only like 3 1/2 months away, so I've been working like crazy to try and scratch things off of my master to-do list. Even though I've covered almost everything, I still have this horrible feeling like I'm forgetting something huge and it's freaking me out! I hate it. I'm such a compulsive early planner, I can't stand missing out on any detail, not matter how small. Hopefully, I won't forget anything.
Now I just need to pray that my showers and bachelorette party go well! Since it's so hard for me to release control of planning to other people, I've been really stressing about the showers. But I just need to stay calm and let someone else take the reins for once!
It makes me really sad that none of my family will be able to make it to the showers. It's just one of the many downsides to living so far away from my cousins, aunts and uncles. But since my mom is no longer here, it really is going to be me alone at these showers, even though I'll be surrounded by my friends. It sucks. I know no one will be able to fly down for the showers and the wedding - that's just asking way too much! But I still wish things could be different. Sometimes I forget how alone I really am without my mom around, and all of the things that she and I are missing out on. I just never thought that it would be this way. I'm really blessed to have as many great friends and future in-laws as I do. Even though it's not the same as having my own family around, at least I can say I have these amazing people in my life! I'll just have to make the best of it like I always do.
No comments:
Post a Comment